Tuesday, August 3, 2010

woah.

Photobucket
Ever wonder where time went? Today I was updating the calendars in the office I work in, and I have no idea where the beginning of the year went... at least I'm not the only one though. Even my boss, Jenn, asked me where the time went. Which started a whole conversation in the office. :)

Sometimes when you sit, wait, and wish things would move faster or at least pick up the pace a little bit - you really don't know what you're asking for. Seriously. When I was whining even a little saying that I felt like my shoes were stuck in gum - I had no idea how quickly it would all happen.

After band auditions we found two people: Chris Smith, an amazing guitarist with massive skills & the passion for music that mirrors my own. and Jason White, a drummer with mad rhythm and creativity. Chris & I have been getting together for rehearsals and have started playing open mic nights together - see bottom of post for some vids - and having a great time getting to know one another and playing music. Jason is finally back in town and ready to hit the streets with us too. We couldn't be more excited! As I was saying - since my boring days of whining - I have been extremely busy planning, practicing, and performing!

I guess where I was going with this was make sure you're fully prepared for what you ask of someone or something. Right now - I wouldn't be here without my wonderful parents first of all. [Literally. :P] My manager Jenn and all her efforts along with my parents & Heather in setting up auditions, holding them, rehearsals and their incredible support as they show up night after night for open mics & whatever else we have planned. Basically, Thank you for everything. & Of course the fans - for without you, this would not be possible.

xoxo,
Gretchen Elizabeth



No comments:

Post a Comment